Microsoft Team is a hub for teamwork. it is an app that helps you pull together a team and work together using chat instead of email and other channels. Meaning, in its simplest form, this service allows users to set up Microsoft Teams, each of which is essentially a hub for group chat rooms, which are called channels (conversations).
Team is a secure workspace for you and yourteam, where users can securely edit files at the same time, seelikes at mentions and replies with just a single tap. It is a place thatyour team can make its own by adding notes, websites and apps. The fun does not stop their you can co-author on document, use the whiteboard feature, background blur during video conferencing and because it's in the cloud it let's everyonework together no matter where they are it's a solution that understands thathaving fun doesn't just make you and your team more productive it makes you all more creative.
With Microsoft Teams on your PC, Mac, or mobile device, you can:
Why Should Your Business Use Microsoft Teams?
As a business, it is encouraged you use Microsoft Teams because:
How to use Microsoft Team
Collaborate in Teams
An @mention is like a tap on the shoulder — a way to get someone's attention in a channel conversation or a chat.
Each person you @mention gets a notification in their Activity feed. Check for a red circle next to Activity right now to see if someone has @mentioned you!
Stay on top of things
Notifications let you know when someone @mentions you, likes something you’ve posted, or replies to a thread you started. The Activity feed helps you stay on top of all your notifications.
Search for messages, people, or files
Searches cover your entire organization — all the teams and channels that you're part of.
Pick a team and channel
A team is a collection of people, conversations, files, and tools all in one place. A channel is a discussion in a team, dedicated to a department, project, or topic.
The best way to get familiar with teams and channels is to pick a team and channel and start exploring!
If you're not on a team and want to create one, see Onboard your teams.
Sign in and get started with Teams
Sign into Teams
Here is a quick look at the left-hand side of Teams.
Use the command box at the top to search for specific items or people, take quick actions, and launch apps.
Benefits of using Microsoft Team
Microsoft Team is a distinctive collaborative tool that can be deployed company-wide, bringing together employees, conversations, and their content into one stop gap for a better and more productive results. The benefits of Microsoft Teams are as follows:
1. Company-wide Chat – The app allows for threaded conversations and everything recorded in one place and easy to follow. It takes away the chaos of digging through your email inbox / the numerous influxes of emails via group conversations.
2. Integration with Business Apps- It is an enabling environment that allows you to use your work tools or applications (Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneNote, Word, Planner etc.) which are all natively integrated with Microsoft Office 365 to give a better seamless working experience. Users can collaborate and review documents at the same time while the meeting or conference call is going on or after in the chat / conversation room.
3. Customized Workspace – Microsoft Team is customizable.
4. Communicate in Real Time - Work teams can communicate and respond back in real time rather than use of emails. With its high fluidity of instant messaging, it drives easy follow up, real time tracking and higher productivity yield for the team in general.
5. Everyone is on the Same Page – With Microsoft Team all users are updated on the current response of users in the chat or conversation group and no one is left out and it is easy to follow and reply accordingly. Here all Team members are updated and knows what the status and where the conversation was left off or concluded thus keeping the productivity flowing.
6. Teams is secure as the rest of Office 365
Teams is a part of Microsoft’s broader office productivity suite, and in doing so, also shares many of its benefits such as the multi-factor authentication, single sign on by means of the Active Directory, secure guest access and automatic encryption of data in transit and at rest.
With Microsoft team, communication and collaboration is made easy and the benefits first-hand generates more of a positive impact on businesses as a whole and for your clients you work with actively.
From scheduling and holding of seamless meetings, improved collaboration on projects, to utilization of integrated work tools it is of no doubt why it remains the preferred collaborative work tool that guarantees a high levels of productivity which boost companies outcomes. As a branch application of a wholesome solution, Microsoft Teams is a must have especially with the new ways of remote working and communication required to be attained for this purpose and seamlessly
What are you waiting for? Get started with Microsoft team today and experience a whole new world of secure synchronized collaboration.